When I Grow Up I wanna....

Have you ever asked a child what they wanted to be when they grow up? I have and it usually ends with a little chuckle because a week later it will be something different. I mean come on, I was in college and was asked what do you want to be when you grow up and every other semester my mind changed, that's why I changed my major at least 6 times (that was on paper through the registrar's office). And somehow I graduated with an IT degree and although I love computers and they interest me, I do not want to sit networking computers together for the rest of my life. I want to be a "history maker" not in a big flashy way either. I want to be a "seed planter", I am not all about "harvesting". That is why I've chosen the counseling field. With each client I will have the opportunity to live out a life as a Christian in front of them and if opportunity presents to share Gods love I'll gladly walk through the door.

I recently read a friends facebook status which stated "If you could choose another career & you were GUARANTEED SUCCESS, what would be your top THREE career choices?

See once again the old "what do you want to be when you grow up?" presents itself in different form. Okay so I'm a sucker for these things so here is my answer. 1) a published author (dreams can become realities right?) not because I want to be famous but because I feel God has given me a story worth sharing, He hasn't brought me through all the pain to keep it locked up inside me. It was the TEST of my TESTimony. 2) I would want to be a worship leader (hint guarantee success) I am not the best singer but I love, love love worshiping my God. I love my family and friends but I love my God so much more! 3) some type of medical position so that I could go on medical mission trips and help hurting people around the world.

Some might say to me "in all the things you could choose, you'd choose those 3 things?" why yes yes I would. I think I would choose #1 and #2 even if it wasn't a guarantee success because with God all things are possible and as long as he is the center of it well it's bound to be successful, right?! I find that sometimes I ask God this...Of all the things you chose me? You chose to save me? and sometimes I think wow God are you CRAZY, hello I'm quite the work sometimes. You have had to tell me the same thing over and over again but nonetheless you LOVE ME! Reminds me of a song by Kerri Roberts "Savior to Me" the lyrics are amazing and her voice is nothing less than amazing. Check her out here....





One last bit of encouragement...Remember nothing you've ever done can seperate you from the Father's love, cling to Him. I promise you with out His love and mercy renewed each day I would not be where I am today. Without God I'd be so lost and possibly dead because I've stared death in the face. God has the ability to free you from any addiction, any bondage, and any stronghold. He is the One and ONLY One who can do any of that.

Thank you God for choosing to be my Savior, my Prince of Peace, my Abba Father, my everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will