Freedom Reigns

So this blog is a little different then well my previous posts. For a week now I've noticed when I bust out in song that this one song is the first one to come out. For those of you who have not spent much time around me I always have a song in my head which has a way of finding its way to my lips and well to be honest sometimes I bust out the moves. Anytime I hear the song Party in the USA by Miley (don't be hatin' and don't stop reading it gets better) I so bust out the moves we created while in Africa last year. It maybe labeled ADHD or ADD but this girl can't help but move when music is playing. I am that weird person in the car next to you at the stop light who looks like I'm talking to myself and probably looks like I'm having a seizures but in all reality most day's I'm just praising my God and when you've been delivered, set free, forgiven, and much more like I have you just can't help but sing praises to Him in gratitude. My most recent addiction is listening to Mandisa's "Good Morning" song (off what if we were real cd) I just love it so much that I crank the radio up and sing louder than the radio and well I can't sit still *I'll leave it at that*

Now that I have divulged how crazy I am, I'll get on with the blog. As previously mentioned I stated that this one song has been stuck in my head. I heard it July 3rd during worship service and it just stuck, not all of it because I couldn't remember all the words but enough of it that my spirit has been uttering praises and singing it daily for a week. It's called "Freedom Reigns" by Jesus Culture. The chorus of the song says "Freedom reigns in this place. Showers of Mercy and Grace. Falling on every face, there is freedom.  Jesus reigns in this place, showers of mercy and grace. Falling on every face, there is freedom." I have found when God places a song in my heart that I find myself singing day after day there is a lesson to be learned or many times it has shown me that I need to be more thankful. Which is the exact point that He has once shown me.

While thinking about blogging about this song I decided to look up definition of freedom. I personally like to have a good understanding of the songs I am singing. And I maybe a little bit of a nerd and like looking up things in the dictionary. (once again divulging too much info on my nerdy-ness). Merriam Webster defines freedom as: 1) the state of being free, ability to move or act freely, the state of being released from something usually unpleasant,  the quality of being frank or open. 2) released or not suffering from something unpleasant or painful, not bound or contained by or as if by force. WOW! When I read this definition of freedom and then I think about the lyrics to this song its so empowering and encouraging.


Verse 1: Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.- do you see why I'm so amazed this could read Where the Spirit of the Lord is you can worship freely. or Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is openeness. Or Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is a release from pain there are no chains.

Um are ya gettin' this?! There is such power in this song. I just have to thank God that He placed this song on my heart day after day. I take for granite the freedom I have. I live in a free country, I am free to speak my mind or blog, I am free to go to church and I'm not getting thrown in jail because I say "I believe in Jesus" because in some countries it does happen. I am free to go to a church and worship God. That in itself is a blessing but even greater I have freedom in Christ. I don't have to be bound by addiction or an Eating Disorder. I can be set free from all things that try to bind me. Part of the bridge states "Feel the chains fall away, Feel the heaviness all the weight. Jesus reigns." How freeing (no pun intended) is that.

God I am so beyond greatfull for your love and the freedom that is found in You. Thank you God for placing this powerful song on my heart, let your praise be continuous from my lips.

My hope and prayer is that each of you that read this blog will see that all we have to do is take our needs or issues and place them at the Fathers feet. He is there to carry the burden for us and loves each one of us so much that He sent His son to die on a cross for our sins. Let the love of God embrace you, crawl up into the Fathers lap and let him caudle you and comfort you. We are sons and daughters of the King and He wants to be our Daddy so today let Him be your Daddy. Some days I just have to crawl up on my Heavenly Fathers lap and tell him about my day, the good, the bad and the ugly and every time He reassures me. He says I'm here, I love you, You are mine he tells each of his children these things. Let him tell you what He thinks of you because His opinion of you outweighs what the world thinks of you. He will never tell you "you're not good enough, you're not pretty enough, you will never amount to anything" Rather he says "You are fearfully and wonderfully made", I have great plans for you, with me by your side you can do all things. Let God be the one who empowers you today and not the lies of the world.


Here is a video of "Freedom Reigns" I highly recommend viewing this :) Allow God to penetrate your heart as you listen to the lyrics!

Be Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will