He Holds It ALL Together

How many of us have a 1 year plan? Or maybe you are like me and even have a 5 year plan. How do you react when something in you well thought out plan goes completely opposite? I heard a great message this morning from Jeremiah 29. We often quote Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." But what does this mean in context what was going on in Babylon then and why is God promising this....Okay so if you want to hear the whole message I'll leave it up to Dr. Todd Steffy in a few days it will be up on the website and facebook http://www.TheSanctuaryChurch.tv

Anytime I hear a messaged preached on destiny, purpose, calling or plans I get excited yet terrified. Why because like I said earlier I have a "5 year plan" and I am in year 2 1/2 of it :) But can I tell you that although I have goals in mind I've pretty much decided to throw this plan out the window. It doesn't seem to be going the way I want it to. Um well duh life doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes I wonder how God felt that day in the Garden of Eden. I'm slowly learning that God has a divine order for everything. He has a specific way he wants things done, order in the church, order in a home, order in relationships. I say that because God is a planner he plans our lives from even before we are conceived. Therefore I don't think that its a bad thing to make plans and have goals. It's when we take our plans and our goals and we ignore the calling of God, when we ignore His gentle nudge to keep us on track. I read this today and it rings true with what I'm trying to get across "It's not always easy to discern anything resembling a divine plan in the often messy reality of our everyday existence... but take time this weekend to look for signs of God’s plan in your life. God can bring His order into even the most chaotic of places."

The greatest thing of all is no matter how many times you step off the track, how many times you slip or fall down God still holds you and he holds everything together.

The Message Bible puts it this way Colossians 1:15-17
We look at this Son and see the God who cannot be seen. We look at this Son and see God's original purpose in everything created. For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels—everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment. And when it comes to the church, he organizes and holds it together, like a head does a body. 

I will hold on to verse 17 and I like the way it is written in the NLT "He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together."

I can rest easy knowing that even when my 5 year plan falls apart like it has that I won't fall apart. I will continue to set goals and reach for the stars but I when I fall short of my expectations for myself I can look to my creator and see His expectaions and find rest in Him.

My life is far from perfect some days I can barely get up just to fall down again but that's the beauty of Gods mercy and grace. He says its okay my child lets try again just like a parent teaching their child to ride a bike. I have many scars on this physical body and my heart but so did Jesus. Each scar has its story but most importantly it has a lesson learned. I hope each of you take some time seek God and find your purpose in this journey we call life. Because you do  have one, no one is an accident or mistake (despite what your parents might have told you lol). Reach for stars and dream!

I'm glad that my creator holds it all together  :)

Be Blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will