A year ago

Today is a special day first off because little Logan is 6 months old. I love seeing Logan and Tanner they are both miracle babies and I am so blessed to be their Nonna! So what does this have to do with a year ago well nothing really except that my sister was pregnant. But its one reason today is special. 

I mentioned to my mom today that this time last year I was in Africa. It still amazes me to think back on those 10 days. I was blessed with amazing friendships I mean who knew I'd go to Africa and leave with adopted "big sisters". The group of people I went with are very special people and we share a unique and special bond. When you have no electricity and your only entertainment is rocking out to Miley Cyrus while wearing a headlamp. What can I say we had lots of fun in our huts, I received the award for bed hopping and the title Scout due to my awesome camping skills. These memories will never be erased and it excites me that one day I will get to share my pictures and stories with my kids. Tanner still to this day talks about his Nonna going to Africa and how one day we are going to go to Africa together. Another great memory I have from Africa is sitting under the stars on these huge rocks and just talking about God, life, and our dreams. I prayed a very special prayer last year as God continued to humble me I told God that I would do whatever it took to see my family  back in church, even if it meant giving up my life. God heard my prayers and answered them in October last year. Memories, stories, and pictures are all wonderful but the growth and change are even more incredible. God opened my eyes to new depths, he put a desire in me to want more and he showed me that reaching for my dreams is possible. For years I had talked about wanting to go on a mission trip and God opened that door and blessed me with my dream come true. This post relates so much with yesterdays post about dreams :) 

Set you goals high and believe in yourself. We all have dreams and we all deserve to reach for them :)

Praying for my Kenyan brothers and sisters! :)

The greatest thing I could have ever learned from these wonderful Kenyans is living a life full of joy. They live among the poorest and sickest yet God radiates through and in them. The second greatest thing I learned is the Kenyan "ish" they don't live by set times dinner will be at 5ish thats anytime from 4:45-5:59pm :) They live a busy life with taking care of the crops and daily chores, they start before sunrise and work after sunset. they are far from lazy but they make the most of their time!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will