Child Like Faith

I have a thing about writing blogs on Sunday, maybe it's because that's where I get my battery fully charged for the week! God is so good and never ceases to amaze me. This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions, paper work, phone calls, etc. However, late Saturday evening I finally received an email that helped settle some of my nerves. I won't lie waiting to get acceptance letters is kind of nerve racking but at the same time I'm resting in Gods peace! The email I received informed me that all paper work has arrived in Nebraska and my application packet went before the acceptance committee on Friday. PRAISE THE LORD! Just 5 days before we were still waiting on 3 references and 1 essay (my fault I overlooked it). I have been emailing the University everyday asking have you got this yet and finally all minds were cleared on Saturday.

I truly believe this has all been a character building process! The Potter has definitely been molding this piece of clay! There is one word that never gets used when looking at my character and that's "patience" I can tolerate a lot but I've notice a lack of patience. God is definitely changing that! I'm a get it done now type person, but through this process this far God has instill patience in me, yes I want to know what's next, where am I moving, am I accepted, and so forth. BUT there is such a peace about me and such a reliance on God that in His time He will reveal all the answers to me and I'm a-okay waiting and I'm being quite patient about it! Curious as to what patinent meant I looked it up in Merriam Webster
  1. bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint
  2. manifesting forbearance under provocation or strain
  3. not hasty or impetuous
  4. steadfast despite opposition, difficulty, or adversity
  5. able or willing to bear
What a great virtue to have!

I thought about breaking this up into two blogs but I believe they tie together. Over the past
two weeks as I have spent almost every day with my nephew Tanner I believe God has been showing me something awesome and worthy of sharing. The bible says we are to accept and welcome the kingdom of God like a child does (amplified Mark 10:15). What does this mean? This question dropped into my heart a few weeks ago and this is what I've gathered.

  • I believe it means full reliance, we have to fully rely on God through everything. Tanner relies on his mom and dad and me (Nonna) and other adults to help him in times of need.
  • I believe it means we have no doubt, because we know God will see us through. Tanner knows that if he's hungry he will be fed he doesn't doubt his parents. *that may change as he gets older but as a child he does not*
  • I believe it means fully trusting God. Tanner trusts that his mom or Nonna or whoever will take care of him they will meet his every need.
  • I believe it means that we have a great love for God. This past week we taught Tanner how to say "I love you" he points to his eye and says "I" crosses his arms and says "love" and then gets really excited and screams "you!" and points to you. After doing it a few times he took both hands and pointed to me and his mom at the same time. I must say this melted my heart, he has a true genuin love for me and is excited. Tanner and I also have a special thing I say "Tanner give Nonna some lovin' and he stops everything and runs to me arms open grabs and we squeeze each other he kisses me and goes back to his thing.
What if we fully relied on God, never doubted Him, fully trusted him and showed Him our love through intimate worship and prayer, just like Tanner does with me and others around him? I know that God is calling all of us to have a "child like faith". One thing a child does is lives life to the fullest, there is no holding them back, why as Christians do we let circumstances stop us from living life to fullest, which sometimes causes us to live in regret. Well if I would have just... I have marked those words as bad words. I'm living life to the fullest and learning how to patiently wait.

A great conversation with a mentor helped spark this part of my blog, don't let others around you hold you back from your dreams, don't let anyone stand between you and Gods will for your life, don't second guess yourself. Don't let the mountains the enemy places before you stop you, tell the mountain to move. If you do you will always wonder what if I would have... and I REFUSE to live life with that question, so as Steven Curtis Chapman's song says "I'm diving in, I'm going deep"! I'm diving into the ministry God created for me that only I can fullfill! What an awesome thing! It truly excites me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will