It's coming to an end...


A friend of mine reminded me not too long ago that "all good things must come to an end" and that's exactly what is happening with Graduate School and my time at Grace University. As I write this blog I am flooded with many emotions just to name a few ... overwhelmed, excited, and nervous. I've been doing a lot of thinking back over the last 3 1/2 years and wow its no longer a light at the end of the tunnel but its reality this is really happening. So I want to take a little trip down memory lane. This time in 2009 Graduate School was a mere thought. I remember I was working for Sandy and Parker DeVore as the Director of Tours. I remember talking to Sandy about the different possibilities of Graduate school but at that point in my life I was looking at becoming a Registered Dietian and going to school in Conway Arkansas at UCA. Omaha well that was just a mystery trip I was planning I knew nothing about Omaha. My job came to an end with Royalty Tour, at the beginning of June 2009. The day that it ended I informed Parker and Sandy that this was just another sign from God that I was doing the right thing by applying for Graduate Schools you see I had already applied to Colorado Christian University and was told I'd hear something by mid-June. And so about the middle of June I received a phone call and completed a phone interview a week or so later I came hope to find that I had received mail from CCU and well I had been accepted. I was super excited! I knew God was closing doors and opening new ones and I could not have been more thrilled. I began the search for an apartment in Colorado. I talked to the school found out I would need to take a few extra classes during the first semester to get me caught up as my undergraduate degree is not in psychology or anything near psychology. Things seemed to get tougher and tougher and it seemed as if maybe this wasn't exactly what God had planned for me. So I went back to the computer and searched for more schools applied to more Grad programs. I remember googling something along the lines of masters in counseling in which I came across allpsychologyschools.com and I looked through all the schools and it was there that I found Grace University. You see the one thing I did know is I wanted to attend a Christian University. I didn't just want to be a counselor I wanted to learn how to integrate my faith into a practice someday. So I sent in my application and spent a lot of time sending emails back and forth to the Admissions counselor Emily and once everything was completed it was time to wait. And I waited and in August I received a phone call and I was told "pack your bags you've been accepted to Grace University" this was about a week before classes would start so I didn't hesitate I immediately told my family that I was moving to Omaha Nebraska to attend Grace University. So what made me decide Grace and not CCU? Well Grace offered me a scholarship and on campus housing in which my financial aid would cover the cost. I knew that this was a God thing so I packed my bags and left town on a Sunday afternoon. We got into Omaha that night about midnight, stayed in a sketchy hotel and the next morning with much excitement we headed over to the school. And the as we got off the interstate and traveled down 13th street I began to think "What on EARTH am I DOING?" the area looked old and run down but I quickly remembered that God was at the center of this and he would keep me safe. My parents helped me unload all of my belongings from their vehicle and mine and Cristina and Tanner were there helping as well. We got my dorm all set up I called it the shoebox room because it wasn't much bigger than a shoebox. But nonetheless I was excited about the adventure. That tuesday I would attend my very first class Personal Evaluation with Dr. Deb Hoffman. I learned so much about myself in that 5 week course and little did I know that it was just the beginning of discovering who I was in Christ. If I were to sit and write all of my memories I would be here all night. (feel free to read previous blogs to fill in the middle). To think in just a few weeks I will begin working with Dr. Deb as a PLMHP at Lifegate Church Omaha, I see how God has brought me through a complete circle. I didn't know that my professor of my very first Grad class I attended would one day be supervising my provisional hours.

So as this chapter of my life comes to and end I am excited about all the possibilities that are out there ahead of me. People ask me often so what's next? And to answer honestly I have to say I don't know, whatever God wants. To think that 3 1/2 years ago Omaha was just a place for a mystery trip and today Omaha is my home!

In closing I would like to say thank you! Thank you to my parents for helping me move, listening when I called home crying, and have supported this journey. Thank you to my siblings who have encouraged me through the journey. Thank you to the professors of Grace University both present and past you've each made an impact on my life. Thank you to my classmates and now colleges, you all helped make the transition from Arkansas to Nebraska much easier. To all of you who have continuously prayed for me throughout this journey thank you! I could sit and list so many people to say thank you too but well lets be honest that would take some time! You know who you are...so THANK YOU! And most importantly I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father who has extended much grace to me. He has brought me through so many trials in the last 3 1/2 years and has delivered me from so much wow I'm overwhelmed and in awe of all He's done in and through me the last 3 years!

Always remember:
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman

Here's to a great ending and a new beginning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will