Crashing Waves

Crashing waves seem fun until they take you under. Earlier this year I went to Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. I love the ocean because it reminds me how BIG God really is and when you take the size of the ocean versus the size of teeny tiny size of sand sometimes thats how small I feel in such a big world but God loves me the same. While sitting on the beach taking in the sun I decided to go out and get in the ocean it was nice and refreshing that is until a wave came up over my head and knocked my feet out from underneath me. Not to mention it caused me to loose my sunglasses :( but God is faithful even in the small things and 20 mins later a guy found my sunglasses on the bottom of the ocean!

How many times have you been faced with an obstacle that appear to be like this wave. You are enjoying life living it the fullest and then SWOOSH you have your feet knocked out from underneath you and your left with millions of questions. Questions like "why now?" or if you are like me you look up to the sky with the puzzled look on your face and say "really God?!" So this is a very short summary of my life lately. Just when I think everything is going to be "just peachy" I am hit with another wave. I've had the emotional waves, financial waves and well doors just slammed in my face. To be honest it takes a toll on a person spiritually. It's left me questioning my calling, my education and if I am where I am suppose to be right now. I realized this week that I can sit and be miserable and let the crashing waves bother me or I can stand up. Just like I did when the wave knocked me over in Puerta Vallarta I stood up and planted my feet. And although physically I was planting them in the sand which is easily washed out from under you when it comes to the waves of life I plant my feet on my Solid Rock!

The last few weeks have been the "anything that could go wrong does go wrong" type week but each morning I get up because several months ago I chose life I chose to start living life to the fullest. I'm human I let my circumstances get to me, don't we all? But there comes a time when "enough is enough". I imagine that the past few weeks Satan has been looking at me with a grim smirkish smile thinking "I got you right where I want you". You see Satan is sneaky and when he has realized that he can't tempt you in ways he once could he finds new ways. I believe he has tried to mimic God he "opens doors" and tries to lure me in saying "come walk through this door it will fullfill your hearts desires" he has also made me feel like every door God has opened God has closed....oh no Satan is there trying his hardest to slam the door and as you can imagine confussion starts. I got news for you though confusion is not of God he gives us the spirit of a "sound mind" according to 2 Tim 1:7. So here I am doors shutting wondering God am I doing the right thing am I going in the right direction? And you know the awesome thing about God even when we do get off the path and are sidetracked He takes those moments and uses them as a teaching tool so it's never done in vain. Then all of a sudden it hits me Gods got his foot in the door that Satan is trying to shut saying "Oh no you don't, thats my daughter"

Maybe you've been there where the waves are crashing and you are at the end of your rope. Maybe you are facing situations where you are looking around and all you see is darkness, but trust me He's still there. Don't believe me read Ps 139! Vs 12 states " but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you."

A week from today I will load my car up and drive back north to Omaha. I have waves of emotions that have hit me periodically when I think about it. I mean Im moving away from my family, a wonderful church family, friends, support. But today I can rest in peace because in Jeremiah 29:11 God knows the plans he has for me. I am getting a sense of excitement within me as I embark in a new chapter of my story that God carefully wrote years ago before I was even born. God is a jealous God and He is taking me to a place where yes I have friends and a church to attend but He is taking me to a place where He can spend time with me and mold me and it's all for His purpose. He has placed a calling and annointing on my life and with the calling and the annointing sometimes comes the "Crashing Waves" but I choose to stand firm as Gods word says in 1 Corinthian 15:58 "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

God I give every piece of my life to you. I pray that you will use me in whatever way you see fit! Help me to remember that you are God of all things and in You I find peace, comfort and love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will