3 weeks and counting down!

I can not believe that in 3 very short weeks I will be getting on a plane and flying across the ocean and around the world to Africa. It seems surreal to me and it amazes me. God truly gives us the desires of our hearts. I have been waiting to do a mission trip for over 4 years. I believe that any time you begin to step out in faith into something God has called you to you face adversity, and this trip has not been exempt from that. My friend and I signed up for this mission trip in November we immediately started sending out support letters. Having worked in the travel field before I understand the concept of having a set number of people that have to go on the trip in order to cover trip cost. For the Africa trip the number is 15, as of the beginning of April we still were not sure if we were going be able to take the trip. I must say it was a little stressful as we continued to watch airfare go up but could not book a flight until we knew 100% that we had a team of 15. God showed us all how faithful He is our official team has 17 members. So this was the first of many adversities that I have had to face. Then me and my friend that is going on the trip in May had to have procedures done, mine was dental work which kept me out of work for a week (not a good thing when you are attempting to save for a trip). Once again God showed me how faithful He is to keep His promises. The second week of May after having to pay out a nice dental bill I got a chance to go home for  a few days in between semesters and was given a check that allowed me to be fully funded for my trip. While at home this last time I will admit it was tough leaving for many different reasons. I have not been given the opportunity to go home as much this year as I did last semester due to working full time and going to school. So when I do get a chance to go home it is bitter sweet when leaving. We found out that my sister is pregnant while I was home and this is extremely exciting as it has been a tough time for them it will be miracle baby #2. While at home my brothers best friend's grandmother died, the same day that I went and saw my grandma, I realize life is short and I hate not being able to see my grandparents as they are getting older it makes it hard. But I have purpose here in Omaha, and I am beginning to realize it more and more that it is not just for Graduate School. I came back from Arkansas ready to turn in my 2 weeks notice and was going to go to an On Call position, this way I could go home for the second half of the summer. Although going to beach, spending time at the lake, and curling up on the couch to watch Cars with Tanner all is desirable, is it really the path God has for me? This was not a quick decision, midnights have been hard for me to adjust too. And I just felt like I slept through last semester due to working midnights and going to classes in the evening. Thankful for great supervisors who are willing to work with school schedules looking at different options right now and just praying for Gods peace and direction. All of the added stress and trying to pack has made this past month difficult. I have constantly been reminded of the lyrics from Everlasting God "One thing I know that I have found, Through all the troubles that surround, You are the Rock that never fails, You never fail You never change, You're still the same You are the Everlasting God You will remain after the day is gone and the things of earth have passed".

I say all of this to make this point, an adversary has been trying to throw me off course, but I have my eyes set on God and I believe that the fight I have been fighting is going to be well worth it. The fight I have had to fight will all be worth it. We did find out that it likely that we will not have electricity, I have decided to leave the computer at home because of this and well its one less thing I have to keep up with. I will be writing journal entries the old fashion way pen and paper. I can't wait to share how God worked through and in me while on the trip.

Please remember our team in your prayers we will be leaving June 24th and will start ministering on June 26th-July 5th. I will then go to London for 2 1/2 days for a mini vacation. I will be flying back into the states on July 8th. Pray for traveling grace and that each of us would be used in a unique way!

Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will