a whirl of emotion - obedience

I have been trying to write this blog all day, but have been left speechless. Many emotions, thoughts, and feelings going through my head. This past week has been very emotional for me, not in a bad way at all. A lot of exciting moments have taken place and a lot of moments where God has just WOWed me!

The most recent moment came when I received a phone call from Grace University in Omaha Nebraska. Let me step back a second, I found out 2 weeks ago from Friday that my application had made it to the acceptance review committee and that I should hear something in a week, well a week goes by and NOTHING! I hadn't lost faith, because about 3 weeks ago I had a meeting with a mentor and told her about the application and just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing, we prayed that if I get accepted then it's God confirming that its the right thing. Even though I hadn't lost faith the flesh did kick in wondering if maybe this wasn't Gods will, so I was trying to come with terms with it and trying to figure out whats next. Back to the start of this paragraph...I got the phone call today, I was expecting them to set up my phone interview, well here is how the conversation went after the greeting of each other and introductions, this is so and so and I am one of three full time staff here in the Psychology department, I don't see any red flags in your application process. (me thinking okay that's good, now wonder when we will do this interview) he says a little bit more and then says "well I guess all you need to do now is pack your bags" SAY WHAT! did I just hear him right, so i go on to say sounds great "when does school start again?" you see I applied before the schedule was out for classes come to find out school starts August 17th yes that's right 11 days away! WHAT!?! so after the say what wore off I composed myself enough to call my parents and let them know.

Side Note: Never questions Gods will, if it is His will HE WILL show the way. I have applied and been approved to other schools but NOTHING has fallen into place like it has at Grace, I have been given a scholarship, all my financial aid is already complete (and was completed before acceptance), they are offering me housing and tuition is half the price of what I paid for my undergraduate. God has truly blessed me physically, spiritually and financially. DREAMS DO COME TRUE it was all in His timing!

I gave a testimony on Sunday night about obedience and want to share more on it. I can remember so many times that the Holy Spirit would nudge me to do something and I'd sit back and not do it, sometimes because of fear, or lack of confidence. But over the past several weeks I have seen how God shows favor on those who obey Him and are sensitive to the Holy Spirit, for example, About two or three months ago I started thinking about water baptism, I had been baptised before but for some reason felt I needed to be baptised again. I'm not sure why or where these feelings came from except from God. At the time I was between Sherwood and Russellville a lot, and just lost the thought of it all. Then a few weeks ago they announced a baptismal service was being held the following week. Okay I felt DUMB about even having the idea, but it kept going on over and over in my head till I talked to someone dear to me about it, I explained to them how I felt and they informed they had been baptised more than once as well. You see what I didn't know is the plan God had in store for all of this. So I got excited about it, one because I really felt this was from God and that I needed to do it. My family was planning on being there and it was going to be super! Sunday rolls around and things came up and my family didn't go, but I followed through with it remember obedience is the key here. I felt something that I can not even put into words that day, something I've never felt before. A week later God would reveal part of why all of this took place. The following Saturday someone very dear to me who I will not name for their privacy asked me if I was going to church, I of course said yes and they asked to go with me. I must say I was a little shock as I've invited and been rejected to the point where I stop inviting this person to come to church, I prayed and knew in their time God would work in their life and bring them around. Sunday rolls around and when that person walked through the doors of the church I was overwhelmed with Joy! (God is Good!) They sat down beside me and I informed them that I felt like our pastor would not get a chance to preach because of the atmosphere and heavy presence that was in the building. (we had an incredible Sunday school lesson that left many of us challenged) I must say I was right there was no preaching just incredible altar service! We had amazing worship and a lady on the worship team was obedient and spoke what God was showing her and then our pastor being obedient gave an altar call, and that very special person that came to church with me was also obedient and gave their life to God surrendering in all over to Him! WOW WOW WOW! I will never forget August 2nd many memories were made that day!

So what did God show me about obedience? He showed me that even in the small things we do if we would humble ourselves and obey Him and walk in complete obedience to Him, He can perform miracles. You never know who's watching you. I believe that through me obeying God and getting baptised again, that special person saw that, and they saw that even when my family didn't go I went on and followed through. It was also the obedience of the girl who cuts this persons hair, during a hair appointment she spoke into this life and it was all in preparation to what happened that Sunday. So if your wondering why you are where you are it's all part of His divine plan, and you never know whose life you're imparting into. So be obedient follow Gods will and His plan, even if it doesn't make sense, remember He sees the whole picture we just have a small glimpse.

There were many other wowing things that have taken place over the course of the past few days and weeks. I believe God is moving and calling people into the very thing that He has designed for them to carry out, for example I have friends who are moving to be senior pastors of a church that to me is OOBER exciting! They are stepping into the very thing that God created them to do! And somewhere down the line it all has to do with OBEDIENCE! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP Chasing the Dream that's not Yours

I'm a Perfectly, Imperfect Mom

Thy Will